Castlevania 3 Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name Entry System

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Name Entry System - Page 2 Empty Re: Name Entry System

Post  Laslund Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Ok guys this is what i've been able to come up with so far. It's incomplete thouhg. Still got a bit of work to do on it. Ivy and vines, stuff like that,plus possible brick tweaks. Yeah there is no way it'll be exact to the cv3 nes version but i could shift the bricks at the top to give it a more rigid, and decrepid type feel like the original or keep it somewhat lined up. Also not sure if the lettering at the top is too squishy or if it's good. If i make it too far it'll overlap and tha'ts not good. So with that this is what i've got so far:

Name Entry System - Page 2 Rougdraftfornameentryscreen-24

edit: oh yeah btw crimson we can take out the font of course and replace it with another one. It's placeholder also the lettering will have to be changed in the box from rondo style fonting to cv3 which has less stuff and the arrows and end wording.

Ok another, that latest update. I was not sure(the original doesn't have it) but maybe some of the vines may cover part of the statues and stuff. I could even add more. Don't know if it takes away or gives it that realistic feel. Also i cam up wit cursors. I like the small one and it works for the letters, but not for the arrow and the end thing. I could even redo those 2 and make them smaller if need be, or we just use the bigger cursor.

Name Entry System - Page 2 Rougdraftfornameentryscreen-26
Name Entry System - Page 2 Curser-1
Name Entry System - Page 2 Curser

You know guys i'm thinking like the original and like rondo has we outta put some flames on top of those two holders on each side above the statue's and also use the flames(like in rondo) to put behind the letters. That'd be kick ass huh! I'd actually probably prefer that than cursor's if we had to choose!
Update rondo cv3 style flame:
Name Entry System - Page 2 Rondoflame
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 pm

MAN THAT IS AWESOME! Something maybe unfitting with that purple brick wall, its kinda bright, have you tried giving it more shadows or getting it darker? Its calling to much attention. Besides that ITS AN AWESOME JOB!
I didn't knew you had rondo's font! Or did you made them sprite by sprite? I don't even know if that's possible hm I'll post an update for the game with some door things... I want you to test them since you are the one that know how to make a room.
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

http://scv3.portugueseforum.com.pt

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Ok cool yeah i can edit the color on the purple bricks and make them maybe darker or something, or even a diffrent color like red or grey or something. Let's see what reiko says too. Yeah i'm scrathing my head. For now is their anyway to add the font for rondo just to test it out and maybe later replace it with another font. I know how to make the black background and the foreground bricks,wording holders etc. But i dont' know abut the wording itself. I still didnt' figure out how you did that, and i'd rather not use game makers fonts. They are a bit basic compared to what's out their,plus they dont look as professional imo.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

I'll try to explain it again, I thought understood it last time, but it's not hard :3
the lettering you mean the coordinates? If that's it you just have to go messing up with those numbers on the draw event I guess.
But for the font, to get the game's font to be the rondo one... For that we should have a rondo font like a real font file. Do you know how to make a font? I have no freaking idea :/
So then we could pick the RONDO.FONTEXTENSION and put it on the place of that font that came with the name entry screen engine, that part is easy.
So yeah the hard part is to make the font a real font file.
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:25 pm

oh yeah ok, well maybe for now we outta use something diffrent. I'd still like to see what that would look like. It does rather pretty huh? Also great news at least on the view thing. Yep it totally worked perfectly. I made a long room. I put trevor on the way far left and had him walk until he hits the boss trigger. I placed all the other stuff including the orb and akmodon(for testing purposes) and walla. He still has teh shooting backwards thing going on but i'm sure sooner or later we'll figure that out. Also i noticed that somehow he is not very lined up. I mean he comes out and fights and that's all working. But where i place the tomb in teh room it is below the floor and so isn't he. Hmm...i know it's a matter of screwing with the sprite coordinates. I'm gonna toy with it and give it back too you. I have not yet tried the doors. BUt i am gonna make 2 rooms for that to test right after. Also i put all the debug rooms after atlantis level, that's were you can find them. I'll also start labeling them. Ok,so give me some time and i'll send you back what i can show you. OK?
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Man take your time :3 I've designed mentally a way to put that flea rider of birds and that diplophenacus or something to work, but we are in lack of diplo...'s sprites. The ones I have are all cutted in pieces. Man I hate these kinds of rip :/
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah actually funny you mentioned the diplocheus. I know how to code them(not personally)but ESCO told me from someone he was told by. The reason with diplocheaus is cause she's coded literally by 8-16 pieces. Soemthing like that. Each piece is coded indivually not as a whole. You could in fact code her or the gurka bros(another example) as a whole. But you would have to make sure their animations match up. It actually will eventually line up in diplocheus case. But it took like 48 frames on her walking alone. I know cause i took screen shots in nitm(because the emulator lets me remove backgrounds) i rezised them and i'm working on editing them so that i can get all her sprites. Ironically enough i've been trying to get my favorite ones from games because like you i don't have any idea on how to code piece by piece and don't wanna deal with all that hoopla. It may take a while to edit all her sprites. As a matter of fact not all the backgrounds in certain areas can be removed like were she was. So i still have to edit some shit outta the background. Plus here hair blends in to the background which is a pain. So i made her hair yellow for now and will change it back to black when done. I could even shoot you over all the sprites. They are not edited out yet(only started) and not in strips. I only have some of the nitm only enemies done, and at best i did some of them along time ago when i didn't know how to rip corrctly. So needless to say i have to do some over. But eitehr way it will be cool to have them at some point. I'd love to get diplceuhous, spitting flower, teh 3 gurka bros, and the 2 spectral swords and shit from sotn. Yeah these things may take time but yeah it'd be so worth it to see these stuff in custom games you or i make. You know. I love the 2d vania's also 3d. But i know nothing of 3d so far, not coding or 3d modeling. I will probably learn later on down the road but for now my focus is here 2d 16 bit. As for the engine i'll upload it. I am gonna be gone for probably 1 to 2 hrs soon. I'm going for a walk in a park with some buddies of mine. It's beautiful weather. So yeah i'll be back in a while ready to get into gear. I"ll probably toy with the name entry screen and all that, while you continue with the doors left. Yeah teh left view room works perfectly. But the left door unfortunely does not. I think you'd have to make extra code somewhere. Look under players,under camera, and look at obj block right or somethgn. It just keep shifting the wrong way. Maybe i put the wrong one in(not sure) but it should shift over to the left not back to the right. You'll see in room 8-9. It should got the other way, and trevor outta walk through it. You'lll lliterally see him walking to the left through the door if you do it right. Ok i'm gonna upload it in the upload section. THen i'm gonna go be back later! k
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:41 am

Laslund wrote:Ok guys this is what i've been able to come up with so far. It's incomplete thouhg. Still got a bit of work to do on it. Ivy and vines, stuff like that,plus possible brick tweaks. Yeah there is no way it'll be exact to the cv3 nes version but i could shift the bricks at the top to give it a more rigid, and decrepid type feel like the original or keep it somewhat lined up. Also not sure if the lettering at the top is too squishy or if it's good. If i make it too far it'll overlap and tha'ts not good. So with that this is what i've got so far:

Name Entry System - Page 2 Rougdraftfornameentryscreen-24

edit: oh yeah btw crimson we can take out the font of course and replace it with another one. It's placeholder also the lettering will have to be changed in the box from rondo style fonting to cv3 which has less stuff and the arrows and end wording.

Ok another, that latest update. I was not sure(the original doesn't have it) but maybe some of the vines may cover part of the statues and stuff. I could even add more. Don't know if it takes away or gives it that realistic feel. Also i cam up wit cursors. I like the small one and it works for the letters, but not for the arrow and the end thing. I could even redo those 2 and make them smaller if need be, or we just use the bigger cursor.

Name Entry System - Page 2 Rougdraftfornameentryscreen-26
Name Entry System - Page 2 Curser-1
Name Entry System - Page 2 Curser

You know guys i'm thinking like the original and like rondo has we outta put some flames on top of those two holders on each side above the statue's and also use the flames(like in rondo) to put behind the letters. That'd be kick ass huh! I'd actually probably prefer that than cursor's if we had to choose!
Update rondo cv3 style flame:
Name Entry System - Page 2 Rondoflame

Now this is some super awesome stuff. Crimson, you and Las are doing great coming up with so good ideas and stuff. im really phyched and amazed at the same time.
to be honest, i think that we can keep that font for now. and if we want to change the font, we can do that later. most important thing is just setting up the screen and font to make sure they work in all right? we can always go back and edit.

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah Reiko i totally agree. Yeah maybe while Crimson takes a look at the left doors i could be working on inputing the newer name screen. Yeah edits or changes could come later. All i'd need to do with the fonts once they are lined up is change them to whatever if something else is deemed better. For now i'm gonna research how to create your own fonts in game maker
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:55 am

awesome. oh yeah, the brick should be blue shouldnt it? cv3 background was blue Razz Laughing
hey, im just giving you a hard time,we can always fix that later. hopefully we can figure out the left door thingy

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:15 am

No actually it was purple. I took a screenshot of the nes version and got one from spriters resource. BUt yeah it's more like fuscha purple or something. Rather bright and obnoxiousl. I decided to go with a more mellow color purple. But yeah your right we could change the color. I'm almost thinking brick red, or grey, or something. Something that looks a little more to what it might look like in 16 bit. Notice that soem of teh scheme in 8 bit was rather weird compared to 16 bit games. I think it's cause of less choices and they had to be pretty general about color schemes back then from what they had to work from.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:17 am

in jorge's game he had it blue. i think thats why i got it confused with the nes version. yeah, it was jorge's game with the blue. my bad Laughing

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 am

Oh yeah that was totally custom anyways not very canon. Though i did like his version! Jorge is very creative i wont take that away from him. Had he got the chance to finish the game i defiently think it would kick ass.

Last edited by Laslund on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:23 am

i definately agree

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 am

What is jorge's game? hm
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Oh jorg'es game is way back in like 2006 and it's in c++. His coder started, coding and didn't get that far. No where near as far as obreck did. In all honestly coders making a game should be at least 2 of them. Especially 2 coders that code similar. LIke obreck and hello. I mean 1 dude coding usually runs into problems that he may not be ablet to solve. But 2 dudes using their heads, yeah much better and easier for that matter. Same with sprite artists. It will take that much more time and devotion if you dont have at least 2 of them also. I'd say the same for level design for a big level. Jorge i give alot of credit too, though he never finished all the levels in his c++ game he did almost all of them or a good handful of them. His coder( a german dude) coded in trevor, and a bunch of enemies and 1 boss(skull knight) which we actually need code for in game maker. But yeah needless to say he's still hopeful on it but it's in permanent lingo until a c++ coder comes by to code it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPnIBhB2WPA&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v36VMKOoKo0&feature=relmfu

Last edited by Laslund on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah :/ The game looks great though!
It's hard to talk with someone if they never message you back :/ I hope you get to talk with that guy another time
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Yeah his game was cool but with no c++ help it'll sadly sit their. I've ask him if he wants to get involved with game maker scv3. He seemed interested but i think that fact that he'd have to redo all the levels and tiles, and the fact that we didnt' have consistent code help didnt help motivate him. Sometimes he responds quick,other times he takes months. So i don't know what response we'll get. I wouldnt mind if he wanted to be part of it but it's totally up to him. I'd be alot more satifsfied if he were like you and me taking charge and working hard at it. I'd rather not see super late responses or work efforts if people just show up randomly after a long period of time. Ok man well i'll keep at this, sorry i had a phone call for a bout 20 min., and yeah at some point i may go for a walk probably just a half hr or hr. Nothing to long, no crazy ass hikes in the forest!!! Ok man hit me up whenever.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah i really wish jorge would involve himself with us. in that way he would feel at ease to know that cv3 remake is actually going to get done ya know? poor guy, i wish he would work with us. plus he had great ideas as well when it came to level buiding. his catacomb level really put obrecks to shame. i liked the zombie ghost that jorge used as well in the first level than what obreck used. Anyway, how are you Las and crimson doing today?

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Just came home, already finished what Las asked me to try out :3
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content