Castlevania 3 Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAMES FONT

3 posters

Go down

GAMES FONT Empty GAMES FONT

Post  Crimson Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:40 pm

1- http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/madtype/brauhaus/
2- I lost that link with 2/3 cool ones, I think I sent it for Las...
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

http://scv3.portugueseforum.com.pt

Back to top Go down

GAMES FONT Empty Re: GAMES FONT

Post  Laslund Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Mmm....yeah not a bad choice. Soemthing goth looking like that would be totally approriate i'd say. Whaddya do download a font list from their. It has a whole list of them, under tabs but i didn't see where to download them.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Ok yeah i see now you have to pay to use them. Some are really expensive too. I think we outta try hitting up a differnt site with free ones. 18.00 bucks on some of these is outrgeous. If we get it for free that's cool but otherwise nah.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Out of that pack this is the only one that works. it's from cv legends.
GAMES FONT 197
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Yeah i just took a screenie of your title screen and resized the cv3 too 320x240 like yours. The problem is they don't even come close too lining up on the grid. You know the letters and enter you name, alll of that. Whaddya think i outta do? I know it would probably be a pain in the ass to retweak the coordinates. I suppose i could help you with that of course. Well i'd planned on taking the cv3 one and just re-enhancing it to see how good i can get it. I could also start from yours and just sorta recreat it. Whaddya think is best?
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 pm

You may do it like the game, I think it will look better. If you want any help with setting coordinates... But I will tell you something. Remember the engine that I gave you that had ONLY the name screen ? Edit that one first so you just copy the code back to the game, it'll be easier. Obrecks engine takes too much to launch. You would kill yourself.
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

sorry i'm not sure i understand. Isn't the code the same? I mean in obreck's engine that is the one you put in their from your game right,or did i do that? Ah either way it loads fine in obrecks engine i thought. Oh yeah that's right i fucked it up and you fixed it. That's right, i couldn't post my name. Yeah the cv legends isnt' bad, i dunno whaddya you think? I kinda think a gothic feel woudlnt' hurt but then again the orginal cv3 is more similar to what you have too. I am cool with that if you want it. You kno what i'll do i'll just morph the one you had and recreate it. Messing weith the actual nes version one is a bit weird. The letters are small and squishy. The box would have to be smaller. I dunno i guess i could do either way. I just wanna make it look really nice! Ok yeah i realized there's a trick to this. I'll have to make a backrgound first(no the stone one) then over lay it with an obj sprite like you did that''ll have the bricks and all that shit. Kinda confusing if your not really thinking about it!
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm

What I meant there was that Obreck's engine takes too much time to launch. When you get to adjust coordinates you will have to put everything precisely. That takes something like 10/14 times getting in the game and out of it. It's easier to edit on that gm6 engine that has only the name menu screen so you can get in and off easily :3 Just an idea
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Oh yeah i got you now. I agree totally. Lauch time would be a bitch and a waste of time doing it in obreck's engine as opposed to that demo one.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:39 am

aweso me guys, so i see the font is in works now eh? i really like the font that you got crimson. good find my friend

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Dastan Tue May 01, 2012 6:00 pm

The font is excellent, got that "retro" feeling to it, and also easy to read... As for CastleVania II Simon's Quest, it's got that plain font that most 8-bit games had. Very Happy

Dastan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum