Castlevania 3 Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spinning Coffin

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spinning Coffin Empty Spinning Coffin

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Do you have any video of the mummys coffin spinning or something like that? Cause I couldn't get the idea that you tried to pass hm
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

http://scv3.portugueseforum.com.pt

Back to top Go down

Spinning Coffin Empty Re: Spinning Coffin

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

And his coffin actually spins in the version you sent me
I placed the tomb object and it spinned them he came out...
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 pm

nice, so you got the coffins spinning and working with him coming out? thats great man, you are doing great.

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Actually i didn't do anything. LOL
I really just placed the coffin and it spinned like I'm guessing it should... I hope that's it
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko26 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:55 pm

nice. speaking of spinnig coffins, hey Las, lets use the monsters that you originally intended to use for the 3 coffins that you did, instead of the ones that obreck suggested. reason is, the ones you had are canon to the original cv3 and they look beter and havent been recycled in any project as of yet.

reiko26

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Reiko, exactly my point. Agreed. They are more canon. I'm more for a canon, but improved game over all. To be honest the coffin for akmodon where i placed him in mad forest 3-3 or actually in nes vers 2-3 his coffin doesnt' spin. I mean if you look on the strip in game maker it spins, but other than that with the code it doesn't. It just sits there then akmodon comes out from the wall. Ah yeah it needs to spin and have him come out where he's last standing. Then he moves and attack you. And i agree we outta put him in the monster parade. Where he is initiated by that creepy ghost that animates his coffin. Then we he's defeated the ghost animates cyclops coffin, then when he's gone the levanthian beast. To be honest i am not really sure where their are bosses in the game and what ones, how many? Reiko any chance you can gather a list of the bosses(even mid bosses) for each level and document them. Also if someone can somehow post screenshots or something of the boss rooms. I'd ask for videos' but that'd be alot. I mean you could linke them if you find them. Their is a video on youtube of boss rush which someone made a collection of boss fights. Nes version had no boss rush mode. But it was cool. Still the level names and their bosses would help. That way we dont put in repeat bosses over an over. Just maybe replace theme with new ones. Whaddya guys think?
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:16 pm

So, that is what I'm talking about.
I've placed obj_akmodon_form on the ground of level 1
I started the game
His coffins spins
he came out of it
he started throwing those things at me
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Oh ok i didn't know you corrected coding yet. That's awesome,i'd like to check that out if you don't mind. But keep in mind we are all gonna have to decide on what bosses are where. I'll assume he'll be in the monster parade. And i'll assume he'll pop out, maybe one or even 2 like the nes version. But yeah i have to find a way to link the bosses to each other, through the little ghost. It will have to touch the coffin and them presto!! The coffin spins and he fights. You may wanna consider doing that too if possible to cyclops, and levanthina if that monster parade is what we all choose. I believe their are 2 monster parades. One on the ship with just 2 mummies, and a cyclops. And one in the courtyard with the 2 mummies, a cyclops, and a levanthian beast. Actually hmm... i personally wou'ldnt' mind seeing olrox form 1 and 2 their. Maybe we could make it so that the ship has teh extra levanthina or somehting. I don't know just thowing out ideas. You guys let me know what you think. But yeah it'd be pretty cool huh?
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Olrox would be cool, but I think he is more of a main boss, no parades for him! The guy as two forms.
And I didn't code the coffin! That's why I was kinda confused... I did nothing and it worked, but for some reason, with you it was not working... Any idea?
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Nope, i couldn't figure it out. Unless i toyed with it and never checked it. It should spin and stop then have him come out. Then the coffin should be open and empty on the last sprite. While he walks after you and attack. Also olrox 1 and 2 was just an idea. But no he wouldn't come out of a coffin. He's a vampire, like brauner. He would just possibly be taking the place of one of the monster parades. Monster parades bosses consists of 2 or 3 bosses at a time. He(olrox) would simply be thier by himself. Not with any coffins or others. He would just attack you with his form 1 and then form 2.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

The most likely way :3 But I'm thinking about making a video to show you what akmodon is doing or you could take a look by yourself, I'm sure that I didn't do anything for him to work, LOL
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:13 pm

can you make one? Something must be differnt than the version i had? i dunno why?
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm making it :3
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:16 pm

k
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 pm

ok i''ll also post this here cause i think i put it in the wrong spot.

eah i forgot where i last posted. Yeah in that room 1-8 he does come out correctly. Remember too you the boss trigger is what trips the boss to star once teh player trips the trigger. I'm guessing you put the player their just for testing purposes. Yeah the coffin spins, and then he comes out when eh's supposed to, but he does shoot backwards though. Yeah not sure how to fix that. It may be a glitch in how i coded him. If you can figure that out and fix it that's be cool. It may be the case too in teh mummy men(enemies) they do the same thing as him. The only thing i forgot to do with them is add a bolt of lighting to make them appear. But yeah they may have the shooting backwards issue too. I know when i coded them it was on hard mode.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 pm

That's crazy man... I'll have to take a look at thiis backwards - easy hard - right thing. It's kinda strange
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Yeah for sure. I know when i had it on hard mode and he's by himself without the coffin he had was fine. But if i put it on easy mode it had the same problem, he shoots backwards. Yeah i dunno, that's one reason i suggest we cut down the modes of difficulty. The less chance for weird glithces. But their must be something triggering it too happen on a certain mode. ??? but what?
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 pm

If you can, take a look at it later! I will as well, but when I first tried I didn't find anything :/ Btw, will the to do list be like a THINGSTO DO + BUGS to fix, or will the bugs be on another place ?
I was thinking about adding the bug list that you know so we could remember all of them.
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Ah yeah sure. I didn't think of that but it may help. Yeah we can make one. That'll let everyone(mainly you or apc) know that it is screwy and needs tweaking. I don't know what makes it go backwards. I know image_scale= 1 is to the right and image_scale=-1 is to the left. But as for it going backwards on the diffuclty levels i dont' know. That's been a mystery to me for a while. Also on easier modes you can skip past the mid bosses. This could be problematic too. That's why i suggest even if its too complicated to try and even cut it too one or 2 difficulty levels. Like maybe just a regular one without saying it, or even easy and hard. I think easy,normal and hard wouldn't hurt. But yeah i dunno. I'll look at it and maybe i could figure it out.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 pm

actually i think if you look at akmodon mummy obj(just him) look in the create event code. Their is something saying if :
MrD.skill >= 2
damagemod = 2
else
damagemod = 2.5

Also if you look where i put the code for alarm 1:

if dead = true
exit
if MrD.skill >= 0
scr_E_makeprojectile(obj_akmodon_bandage,(-10*image_xscale),11,0,(-2 - (MrD.skill * 0.3))* image_xscale)
else
scr_E_makeprojectile(obj_akmodon_bandage,(10*image_xscale),10,snd_akmodon_bandage,(2 + (MrD.skill * 0.3)) * image_xscale)
alarm[1] = 8
alarm[1] = shootdelay

this also has if Mr.D skill. So i'm thinking it may have to do with Mr.D skill. I dont' know for sure. But i can also say i may have extra code in him he don't need. Maybe you could tell if theirs stuff i don't need. SOme of my code is probably useless and redundant in what i've coded, i'm not sure what though. All of these could be potentially screwy on other modes: akmodone mummy boss,medusa boss, mummy men, fireman, spiders,balloon pods, black panthers. ??? yeah i dunno. I'm a little more concerned with the bosses though, beacuse at this time we only have a few, and most aren't even in teh game. If you think you could alter it to make it work better or even wanna start from scratch be my guest. I may be coding them in totally wrong. I wouldnt even know. I just took pieces of code and put it where i thought it went. I tested over and over till i got something. I really dont know code all that well.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 pm

MAybe the alarm code should be first thing on that code sheet...
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't know to be honest. I just plug stuff in and it works or dont. You will definetly need some stuff more than likely for the create event though. If you look at skull knight i think apc found out some stuff that is necessary for making an boss or enemy work. I put alot of lingo in for akmodon and medusa. They won't show up if certain pieces of code are missing. It's like Mr.D's system will know if the code is their for them to show up. If it isnt' then they wont. Look at the read me, there's some lingo i wrote down that is needed for them to work. obj_camera = obj_boss or whatever it is needs to be their too. Sooner or later of playing with it you'll see what i mean. If you don't put it in the boss will not show up at all. What i dont know is if it needs to be in a certian place like step, begin step, end step. But theirs some stuff in the create event that absolutely has to be their or else the same will happen; he will not show up. Yeah i'd try to do diffrent stuff and see what happens. Also i may work on the name entry screen or see if Reiko wants to do it. So far he's working on some drac edits, title screen film strip, if he wants to work on that that's cool too. But if not i'll work on it.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Its pretty easy, I used it on my new engine today again, got it working on less the 5 minutes. The worst part is having to get the font to be shown because they are black! I strongly suggest using a sprite behind them before putting the engine on a room!
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laslund Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Oh yeah i am thinking either Reiko or I could make it more like cv3 style. You know something that seemed cool in jorge's cv3 remake for c++ is the fact that you could unlock levels and then they'd appear, so you click on them and their you are. That's not a bad idea, but i am thinking when we use save files to make it so that you start on a level with teh correct players you chose. That's make sense. Maybe even possibly like Hello 5's engine or a zelda engine and have 3 slots to save from. Idk just making suggestions. I know we aren't their yet. But ideas keep popping up in my head.
Laslund
Laslund

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:41 pm

You know save systems better than me, cause when I wanted to take a look at it leo's engine was already with a problem on it :/ So I never studied about them
What about Apc? maybe he knows something about saves...
Crimson
Crimson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum